Preparing for a Motorcycle Tour
Motorcycle touring is an exhilarating and liberating way to explore the world. To ensure a successful and safe tour, it’s important to prepare for the journey ahead. Before setting out on a motorcycle tour, riders should brush up on their riding skills and become familiar with their motorcycle. Taking a riding course can help riders learn the basics and more advanced skills for maneuvering in different conditions. Riders should also have their bike inspected and serviced by a professional to ensure it’s in good working order.
When planning a motorcycle tour, riders should consider the route, destinations, and estimated time of arrival. This will help riders plan their stops, activities, and accommodation. It’s also important to check the weather forecast and road conditions that may affect the route.
Recommended Motorcycle Touring Destinations
Motorcycle touring can take riders around the world, and there are endless destinations to explore. A few top recommended destinations include:
- Namibia: A beautiful country with wide-open landscapes, Namibia offers riders an unforgettable biking experience. From the Namib Desert to the Skeleton Coast, riders can explore a diverse range of terrain.
- The Alps: With its winding roads, breathtaking views, and challenging passes, the Alps are a popular destination for motorcycle touring. Riders can explore the Swiss, French, and Italian Alps on their tour.
- Iceland: Enjoy the breathtaking beauty of Iceland on two wheels. Winding roads, open roads, and volcanic landscapes make it a perfect destination for motorcycle touring.
- Australia: With its vast outback, unique wildlife, and stunning coastlines, Australia is a must-see destination for motorcycle touring. From the Great Ocean Road to the Red Centre, there’s something for everyone.
Essential Motorcycle Touring Gear
When embarking on a motorcycle tour, it’s important to have the right gear. Riders should make sure they have all the necessary items for a safe and comfortable ride.
- Helmet: A helmet is a must-have for any rider. Look for a helmet that is comfortable, lightweight, and meets safety standards.
- Jacket: A quality motorbike jacket should be comfortable, waterproof, and breathable. It should also provide protection from wind, rain, and other elements.
- Gloves: Motorcycle gloves are an important part of any rider’s gear. Look for a pair that is comfortable and provides good grip.
- Boots: Choose a pair of riding boots that are waterproof, comfortable, and offer good grip and protection.
- Tools: Be prepared for any mechanical issues with a basic toolkit. This should include a tire repair kit, wrench, and screwdriver.
- Navigation: A GPS device or smartphone with a navigation app is essential for any rider. Make sure to bring a paper map just in case.
Motorcycle touring can be an incredible experience, but it’s important to be prepared. With the right gear, knowledge, and planning, riders can make the most of their adventure. From the majestic Alps to the rugged outback, there are endless destinations to explore on two wheels.